EPLAN has supplied you with an parts database with sample parts and activated it in the standard. We recommend the following:
- Use the example parts database, stored in the schema "Standard" and the database name "$(MD_PARTS)\ESS_part001.alk" as an internal test and training database.
- Create a new database for your needed item manufacturers and items.
Create a new database
- On the ribbon, select the Master Data tab > Parts command group > Management button. The "Parts Management" opens.
- In the opened parts management, select the [Extras] button > [Settings].
- The "Settings: Parts (user)" dialog opens.
- Create a new schema. Press the + button (New) and create a personal schema starting with your company ID (XYZ) e.B. "[XYZ] Parts Data".
- Optionally, add a short, meaningful description.
- In the Database Source "EPLAN" area, select the + button (New).
- Now create your new parts database, assign a meaningful file name starting with your company ID (XYZ) e.B. "[XYZ]_Parts.*".
- Confirm your entry with [Open].
- Save the created schema, close the dialog with [Ok].
- Your new database is now active!
If you want to use SQL database technology, you can find more information about it in the "Additional information" > "Create a SQL database for parts" section.