EPLAN Master Data
This template helps you create a storage account for your master data using Azure Files in your Azure Subscription.
You will receive the following support:
- A Premium Storage Account is created according to your settings
- The size is set to 1TB (4024 IOPs)
Please proceed as follows afterwards:
- Connect EPLAN Electric P8 version 2022 or higher to this storage. Your master data will then be created there for you
- To connect, please take the string from the SMB file share in your storage account
By creating the EPLAN Master data via the Azure Marketplace, an Azure storage account will be created in your Azure subscription using Azure Files.
To set up the EPLAN Master data via Azure Marketplace, make sure you are logged in with an account which has sufficient administrative rights in the Azure subscription.
- Select the subscription, the resource group and the Region in which the storage account shall be created.
- In the Tab Storage setting, set the Storage account prefix, File Share name and the Share size/IOPs.
- The Storage account prefix and the File share name can be changed.
- The minimum share size is 1 TB and can be increased. Keep in mind, that increasing the share size will lead into higher costs for the storage.
Please refer to the Deployment Guide of EPLAN Electric P8 on how to connect EPLAN with the EPLAN Master data file share.
Installation and support policy for virtual environments
- Authorization for virtual installation
- Recommendations for virtual environments
- Support - Technical problems
It is possible to install and run EPLAN software in virtualized environments, but thorough functional and performance testing must be performed. EPLAN has tested software in virtualized or server-based environments on a dedicated scale. Only testing can ensure that this solution meets your requirements.
Microsoft Azure: If you decide to install and operate in Microsoft Azure, you will benefit from an installation package that we have tested as executable and preconfigured. We make this available to you in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace to facilitate the installation of an EPLAN environment, within your company's own Microsoft Azure subscription.
Other cloud providers: If you would like to host the software in a virtual environment with another cloud provider, we do not currently offer an installation recommendation. In this case, after a preliminary discussion for your individual situation, we will be happy to offer you the opportunity to analyze and evaluate the feasibility together with our experts in the form of a consulting project.
System integrations of third-party software: If you intend to integrate third-party software such as ERP, PDM/ PLM systems into your virtual environment, please contact our Professional Services experts, who will review the concrete implementation for your individual situation and discuss and evaluate it with you.
EPLAN offers customers with valid subscription and software service contracts technical support in the sense of the defined scope of services to ensure that your software functions properly. The scope of services for support, please refer to the respective service description.
We support you with questions regarding the EPLAN applications and products you are running in your virtual environment. Please refer to our terms and conditions for the warranty.
The operation and maintenance of the virtual environment e.g. Microsoft Azure and the related infrastructure is the responsibility of the customer, therefore support requests must be made to the respective provider of the virtual environment.
It may be necessary to cooperate with the virtual environment provider to analyze an undesired behavior in the EPLAN application, this must be coordinated by the customer.
In exceptional cases, if the cause cannot be clearly identified in cooperation with the virtual environment provider, it is necessary to reproduce the undesired behavior in a physical environment.