EPLAN has supplied you with a dictionary with sample words and activated it in the standard. We recommend the following:
- Use the sample dictionary "Translate.mdb" as an internal test and training database.
- Create a new database (empty dictionary) for your terms and relevant translation languages.
Create a new database
- On the ribbon, select the Tools tab > Translation command group > Dictionary button. The "Dictionary" opens.
- Select the Management tab and for "Access", the + button (New). The "Create Dictionary" dialog opens.
- Now create your new dictionary, assign a meaningful file name starting with your company ID (XYZ) e.B. "[XYZ]_Translate.*".
- Close the dialog with [Save].
- Select all the languages you want to be available in the dictionary one by one using the + button (New). A subsequent addition of additional languages is possible at any time via the same step.
- End your setting with [Close].
If you want to use SQL database technology, you can find more information about it in the "Additional information" > "Create a SQL database for the dictionary" section.
Further information can be found here: Creating a dictionary (eplan.help)