EPLAN SQL Databases
This template supports you in creating an EPLAN SQL server in your Azure subscription.
You will receive the following support:
- A machine is created (DS2_v2)
- The machine is added to the domain set
- The SQL Express 2019 ADV is installed
- An instance of EPLAN is created
By creating the EPLAN SQL Server via the Azure Marketplace, a virtual machine will be created in your Azure subscription, which has the SQL Server with the parts, translation and project management databases preinstalled.
To setup the SQL Server via Azure Marketplace, make sure you are logged in with an account which has sufficient administrative rights in the Azure subscription.
- Select the subscription, the resource group and the location in which the virtual machine shall be created.
- Underneath, enter the VM name. EPLAN-SQL is predefined, but can be changed.
- The VM name may only contain letters, digits or dashes and cannot be longer than 15 characters.
- The virtual machine size is set to a DS2 v2 and cannot be changed.
- Select the virtual network and the subnet.
- In the Tab Credentials enter the Active Directory (AD) and the local user accounts.
- The AD user must have the permission to join the VM to the domain.
Ready - follow the next step!
- The needed Firewall setting is automatically set. Also, TCP/IP is enabled.
- You can connect to the SQL Server using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and configure the SQL Server as you wish, add users, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio will not be preinstalled on the VM.
- The Databases EPLAN_PARTS, EPLAN_TRANSLATE and EPLAN_PROJECTS are already created and filled with content.
- The default login is:
- User: sa
- Password: Eplan123
Please refer to the Deployment Guide of EPLAN Electric P8 on how to connect EPLAN with the SQL Server.
Installation and support policy for virtual environments
- Authorization for virtual installation
- Recommendations for virtual environments
- Support - Technical problems
It is possible to install and run EPLAN software in virtualized environments, but thorough functional and performance testing must be performed. EPLAN has tested software in virtualized or server-based environments on a dedicated scale. Only testing can ensure that this solution meets your requirements.
Microsoft Azure: If you decide to install and operate in Microsoft Azure, you will benefit from an installation package that we have tested as executable and preconfigured. We make this available to you in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace to facilitate the installation of an EPLAN environment, within your company's own Microsoft Azure subscription.
Other cloud providers: If you would like to host the software in a virtual environment with another cloud provider, we do not currently offer an installation recommendation. In this case, after a preliminary discussion for your individual situation, we will be happy to offer you the opportunity to analyze and evaluate the feasibility together with our experts in the form of a consulting project.
System integrations of third-party software: If you intend to integrate third-party software such as ERP, PDM/ PLM systems into your virtual environment, please contact our Professional Services experts, who will review the concrete implementation for your individual situation and discuss and evaluate it with you.
EPLAN offers customers with valid subscription and software service contracts technical support in the sense of the defined scope of services to ensure that your software functions properly. The scope of services for support, please refer to the respective service description.
We support you with questions regarding the EPLAN applications and products you are running in your virtual environment. Please refer to our terms and conditions for the warranty.
The operation and maintenance of the virtual environment e.g. Microsoft Azure and the related infrastructure is the responsibility of the customer, therefore support requests must be made to the respective provider of the virtual environment.
It may be necessary to cooperate with the virtual environment provider to analyze an undesired behavior in the EPLAN application, this must be coordinated by the customer.
In exceptional cases, if the cause cannot be clearly identified in cooperation with the virtual environment provider, it is necessary to reproduce the undesired behavior in a physical environment.